The ad is for a tiny $40,000 house that is on display at the Shipyard Friday night market as part of a North Vancouver micro housing showcase.
Designer Ben Garratt said in an interview on YouTube that the total size of the small home is 150 square feet. Almost all of the materials used to build it are recycled and sustainable.
Garratt seems to especially pride the home on being chemical-free; all the wood is finished with hemp oil.
Specs on the house include:
- A 30 inch by 30 inch stainless steel tub and shower
- Incinerating toilet, which means it doesn’t have to be hooked up to sewage – there’s no tank or pumping required
- Reclaimed cherry cabinets in the kitchen, granite countertops, induction cooktop and apartment-sized fridge
- Insured as a travel trailer by ICBC for $260 a year, giving you the freedom to roam
- Formaldahyde-free plywood
- Double glazed windows and doors
- Loft can fit a king-sized bed
- Sliding ladder for loft offers easy access